Annual maintenance is essential for your heating and cooling system in Arlington, TX. It helps keep your equipment running in peak efficiency, condition, and performance all year long. But what is the ideal season to do annual maintenance? Our experts at Hightower Service recommend doing it in the spring to get your system ready for the extreme summer heat.
Here’s the spring heating and cooling maintenance checklist:
- Inspect your air handler to ensure proper operation.
- Clean and adjust your blower components for proper airflow and greater comfort level. Take note that poor airflow can reduce your unit’s efficiency by up to 15%.
- Change your air filters at least once every three months or whenever necessary.
- Inspect all electrical connections and repair broken and exposed wires. Also, measure the current and voltage on motors. Faulty electrical connections can lead to fire hazards and reduced lifespan of your unit’s major parts.
- Check the performance of your outdoor fan motor and compressor.
- Clean your A/C’s condenser and evaporator coils. Dirty coils can reduce your unit’s performance and cause your system to run much longer, reducing your unit’s lifespan and increasing your energy costs.
- Check your refrigerant for low charge or leaks and replace or adjust it whenever possible. Insufficient or too much refrigerant can affect your unit’s efficiency, overall performance, and lifespan.
- Check your air conditioner’s drainage hole. It is found at the base of your unit. Use a wire or paper clip to poke through your drainage hole to make sure it is free from blockage.
- Check your thermostat’s setting to know if it regulates the most efficient and comfortable temperature level for your home.
- Lubricate all the moving parts. Parts without proper lubrication may cause friction and consequently, increase your energy consumption.
- Check your HVAC’s condensate drain. A plugged condensate drain may result in water damage and poor humidity levels.
- Inspect your system’s controls to ensure safe and proper operation. Check its starting cycle to make sure it starts, runs, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas or oil connections, burner combustion, gas pressure, and heat exchanger to prevent fire hazards and health-related problems due to gas poisoning.
- Check your outdoor unit for debris and blockages.
- CALL THE EXPERTS! This is the most important tip you should not forget to get all the listed works above properly done.
Our team at Hightower Service have been helping many homeowners in Arlington, TX and nearby locations for all their spring HVAC maintenance needs. We do fast and reliable services without hidden charges. Request a service call today!