Buying a new thermostat is not an easy task and often, you would see yourself stuck in the middle of too many exciting options. Two of the sought-after choices available in the market today are the programmable thermostats and smart thermostats. You can upgrade to any of these devices to seamlessly customize your indoor comfort and curb the wasted energy this cold season.
But before you decide to buy one to pair with your heating system, make sure to understand some considerations so you can avoid buyer’s remorse in the end. On this post, we will highlight the points about these thermostats, so you will know which one is best for you.
Programmable thermostats are great when it comes to energy saving and customization. You are free to set your preferred temperature each day, and you don’t need to worry about manually adjusting the temperature because you’re all set as the days get a bit colder. These devices understand your comfort preferences, and they carry out necessary temperature shifts to make your home livable throughout the winter season. By automatically turning the temperature up and down, you can surely save money on energy bills.
Things to Consider When Using Programmable Thermostats:
- These devices have higher upfront costs, and they are more complicated compared to other equipment.
- You need to talk with a pro before buying to make sure that these devices are matched with your current HVAC system.
- You need to understand correct temperature programming to enjoy 100% functionality of programmable thermostats.
- Hire an expert to install a programmable thermostat for your home.
Smart thermostats can help eliminate human error in adjusting the temperature and they have become the top choice of many modern and environmentally-savvy homeowners. With these devices, you can schedule and control the temperature (using a smartphone, app, and Wi-Fi) even if you are away. You can even receive energy reports and notifications if the air filter needs replacement.
Things to Consider When Using Smart Thermostats:
- Smart thermostats can only be installed if you don’t have other temperature-controlling equipment (like a programmable thermostat) used at home.
- These devices are best to use for smart homes.
- Expert setup and installation are necessary for these devices.
Can’t Decide? Speak With the Pro!
Buying the best thermostat for your home is crucial, and if you do not want to end up spending money for nothing, you need to make better decisions before purchasing. Hightower Service, Inc. can help you select and install the best thermostat that fit your budget and comfort needs. Call us to get started!